Embedded Systems (Fall 2017)
- Course Description
- Assignment List
- Midterms on October 3 and November 7, Project presentations Dec. 14
- Grading Policy
- Drop date: Graduate students enrolled in C249A are asked to abide by the undergraduate drop date, typically in the fourth week of classes. If you remain enrolled after this date, you will be expected to complete the course.
- Lab Section: You must be enrolled in a lab section to take the course. The labs have an absolute upper bound on capacity, and if you cannot get into a lab section, you cannot take the course.
Textbook: Introduction to Embedded Systems - A Cyber-Physical Systems Approach, Second Edition, by E. A. Lee and S. A. Seshia, MIT Press, 2017. The book is available in two forms: a PDF download and a paperback.
PLEASE, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD YOU USE A UNIVERSITY PRINTER TO PRINT THE PDF. If we catch anyone printing the text on a university printer, it will be treated as an abuse of campus resources. If you are considering printing it on your own printer, please keep the following in mind: Tom's hardware estimates the cost per page of inkjet printing ranging from 3 to 30 cents per page. This means that the cost of printing a 500 page book ranges from a low of $15 to a high of $150. This makes a bound paperback very competitive...
- Fall 2014 Project Charters, Reports, Presentations and videos.
- Videos from edX MOOC version of this course, May 2014 (requires a login with a free account)
- Video highlights from previous projects.
- Screen capture of Spring 2012 lectures (first 2.5 minutes is blank for some reason).
- Screen capture of Spring 2011 lectures
- Complete videos of project presentations from Spring 2011, Spring 2010, Spring 2009, and Spring 2008.
- Other inspirational videos of projects from other research groups and courses:
The syllabus page shows a table-oriented view of the course schedule, and the basics of course grading. You can add any other comments, notes, or thoughts you have about the course structure, course policies or anything else.
To add some comments, click the "Edit" link at the top.